Saturday 20 December 2014

Merry Christmas!

The kitchen is finished, the new worktops are fitted and my taps have running water and I have a hob to cook on....and only just in time too!  Phew.... and it only took 16 weeks.... and no, if I had known how long it would take and how stressful it would be to sort out the problems and issues we had, I would not have done it.... 
a bird's eye view... 
I am getting used to the lighter colour of the worktops and actually like them!
the new sinks because they cracked the sink in the last worktop when they installed it, so I went with two smaller ones this time round.  The large one was supposed to be on the righthand side but I don't mind, its not a problem having them this way round, it just meant that the plumber had to rework all the pipes and connections for the insinkerator and stuff when he came to connect me up!
Breakfast bar looking into the kitchen...
So that is it.... yay!  Now I can cook Christmas dinner!! 
Happy dance.... happy dance....

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that it is finally done and you can now settle down to getting your Christmas sorted.
    The kitchen looks wonderful but I don't think I could have dealt with the stress of how long it all took - I think I might have wanted to kill someone LOL
    Have a wonderful Christmas Annette.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, that is one gorgeous kitchen. And it looks huge. So glad you finally got it completed ad in time for Christmas. This has been like the painting of the Forth Bridge for you but I hope you can put all the worry and stress behind you. Look forward to cooking your Christmas dinner now that you have Chris home. Have a really Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks lovely, I have kitchen envy........... are the worktops that special composite stuff with granite in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! Happy Christmas. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what s fantastic kitchen and just in time too. Congratulations it looks brilliant, you won't kno yourself cooking in style, enjoy you deserv it.

    Hugs Eluza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! love the curved cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so relieved to have it all finished before Christmas, and looking so wonderful too! Have a wonderful Christmas and new year Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very swish and I hope the wait was worth it.
    Merry Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)