Monday 20 December 2010

Naughty or Nice?

It has been snowing here for goodness knows how long.... and yesterday was no exception, so being Sunday I put on my -40 boots, mittens, Santa hat and jacket and proceeded to clear the snow from the driveway and path again... and the sun was shining and it didn't really feel like -17 whilst I was working so I did my neighbours path... then it seemed churlish not to just finish the job properly and do their driveway too... they were out at church or something and I thought perhaps this kind gesture might just edge me from Santa's 'naughty' list to his 'nice' one!! ;)  It all looked very clean and tidy for a while then after an hour I looked out the window and the heavens had dumped a huge snowfall again so by the time the neighbours arrived home there was no sign of my good deed!!  Do you think it will still count?  Will my last ditch effort get me on the 'nice' list?
In the forefront of the pic you can see my neighbours decorative deer... the deer was an automaton thingy... its head raised and lowered as if eating the grass and its very pretty all lit up at night... at the moment it is stuck with its face in the snow.... hopefully it will still work when it thaws a bit!! 
I did check the mail box across the road in the hope of a Christmas card or two.... my Mum received 3 and I got a bill... I am beginning to think that perhaps not only did I not make Santa's 'nice' list but I also may have been removed from everybody's card list too!! :(
I will be back when it is light to show you my last Christmas tree and card.... for the neighbours with the driveway covered with snow!! ;)

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Just LOOK at all of that snow!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my bog, and good luck in my drawing. Warm wishes for a beautiful Holiday! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I'm sure you are on the nice list and Santa will have something really special for you.

    We have more snow coming down at the moment...I've just walked the half-mile from the station in a head-on blizzard...grrrrrrrr.

    Happy Holidays Annette.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, all that work and no cards!! I'm guessing it's the snow at this end..not your year long terrible behaviour! They'll arrive at once, like buses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could send some of that snow my way. And your card from me got stopped at customs. Actually, it's still on my desk! What can I say? Maybe I'll make you a Valentine's card and have it ready by Easter!

    You are on MY nice list. I can't believe you shoveled all that snow. You can come stay with me when it snows. I really CAN see that you shoveled and I'm sure the neighbors wondered what happened, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention in the previous post, in the US, we call a "dual carriageway" a "divided highway." We still call a moose a moose! Not sure what Canadians call either of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course it still counts, you ARE on the Nice list! That was very kind what you did! Even though they may not know, you know who will (man in red suit, white beard)I just know somthing special is coming your way! Have a great Holiday!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)