Wednesday 26 August 2009

Card

A young Spanish girl has been visiting with her Dad in the house opposite mine for the summer
and she is leaving to go back to school on Friday. She loved to come over and watch the kittens play in the garden and is such sweet girl. The afternoon Gremlin was collected to go to her new home, she popped over afterwards to see if I was OK... as I would probably be sad to see little Grem go. She dropped me off a beautifully written little note saying that she had enjoyed her visit and was leaving... which was lovely to receive, people don't seem to teach their kids to write things down anymore now we live in this instant messaging, texting, mobile, email type of world. So I made her a card with a photo of Pandora, the last kitten looking for a home, hope she likes it.

Sadly, little Gremlin died yesterday, she got sick and never recovered, I am heartbroken, she was such a lovely little thing, had the most laidback approach to life and the courage of a lion. I thought it was hard to accept that little Two Ears lost his battle last week but I had known for some time that the odds of him surviving the fall he had were not good. So two of my five kittens are now on their way to Rainbow Bridge



This is little Gremlin and Two Ears curled up together when they weren't very well.
This is Gremlin, such a little character, I will miss her terribly. She was the runt of the litter and alway so much smaller and frailer than the others and spent a lot of her time in the house with us so we got attached to her more than the others.

11 comments:

  1. Aw, this made me so sad - but Annette, you did everything you could to help the kittens and gave them every chance. Sadly, it wasn't to be. I hope the other 3 furries thrive ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( thats so sad Anette, hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ag shame man. That is bad news for you. The card is fantastic though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Annette!! Something a bit different for you but lovely that you made it for her before she leaves - bet she loves it!! So sad about the kittens but at least you still have 3 to love......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that little Grem has gone to play with Two Ears. I am sure that she was only with you for as long as she was because of all that you did for her and her family.

    May she and Two Ears play happily at the Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Annette how sad and sorry I am particularly as you had grown so attached but you did everything you could for them! I'm sure the little girl will love the card in the same way that you were touched by her hand written gesture

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your sad news...wishing the two furries a life of ease at Rainbow Bridge.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you a big hug Annette ... you certainly did your bit hun X
    Great card BTW ... I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw hunny, that is so sad...you must be so upset...sending a big fat hug for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry that the furry babies lost the battle but they will have left warm memories to look back on. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Annette sorry to hear of your loss. They sure looked like cute little "puttycats". And however short it was - I am sure they had a GREAT life in your house. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)